Raspberry PI 3 is here02/29/2016
Meanwhile we struggled with getting hands on Raspberry-Pi Zero (it was quite difficult to get Zero Pi because of huge market demand nowadays), we have even better news. Raspberry-Pi 3 is out.
So let's check out technical specification of Raspberry-Pi 3 B Model
- Broadcom BCM2387 chipset
- 1.2GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53
- 802.11 bgn Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1 (Bluetooth Classic and LE)
- 1GB RAM
- 64 Bit CPU
- 4 x USB ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socketbr
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
Here you go what you can get from it - Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B Features
- Now 10x Faster - Broadcom BCM2387 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 1.2GHz!
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects.
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sold separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet
So conclusion is - the really big deal here is the inclusion of built in wireless LAN and Bluetooth. The Pi 2 had Ethernet but makers wanting the board to support wireless connectivity had to add a wi-fi or Bluetooth dongle. The Pi 3 removes the need to buy wireless add-ons, so it’s being positioned for out-of-the-box IoT development and as a powerful IoT hub that can link together multiple in-home connected devices.
We ordered and waiting share new projects with you guys.